The overarching vision for all our schools is that:
Everyone works to enable outstanding learning and teaching - putting children first
We will achieve our vision if:
- Every child is inspired to learn by an exciting, innovative, and challenging curriculum
- Every child is taught by an Exceptional Teacher
- Everyone in the Trust is a Lifelong Learner
To meet the aspirations of the ‘whole child’
As a Trust, our guiding principles detail how we live out our vision:
- We always ensure that we put children first in everything we do. Every child in our Trust will foster confidence throughout the width and breadth of the curriculum and will delight in seeking truth, knowledge, wisdom and understanding to enable them to achieve.
- We want to inspire all members of our Trust communities through the opportunities that are available. Every child will be inspired to nurture their academic skills, their emotional intelligence and their creativity across the full gambit of subjects, including (but not limited to) music, drama, sport and the arts.
- We believe that through collaboration we will always achieve the best outcomes. Teams must work with one another to achieve our aims. We believe that distributing leadership at all levels is fundamental to how we operate. Every child will be taught in a hospitable school community where learners flourish within an ethos of collective harmony; embedded within this is the notion that learners will choose to immerse themselves fully within the wider community.
- All members of the Trust and school communities act with integrity.
- Developing a sense of loyalty in all our staff is paramount in our relentless pursuit for excellence. We will support our staff to become experts in all that they do.
- Our staff never settle for the easiest and quickest solutions to a problem. We want our teams to innovate and develop exciting, new approaches.
- We believe that all pupils should be able to attain and progress within our schools. We are fully inclusive and welcome pupils from vulnerable groups.
- As a Trust, we have a responsibility to and for all members of our school and wider communities. We care deeply about the opportunities we provide and strive to improve the outcomes for all. As a Trust, we also value the uniqueness of each of our schools.
- We want to transform the life-chances of our children by focussing on raising standards, particularly in the basic skills of literacy and numeracy so that our pupils have the best possible start in life. The curriculum provides opportunities for children to develop life skills. Every school will embrace excellence and academic rigour and provide constant opportunities for learners to flourish. They will provide learners with a deep and well-rounded appreciation of Christianity (Church schools), carrying forward these values as they grow and develop in the wider world and along their spiritual journey.
- We must ensure that all our staff are able to develop a range of appropriate and equitable approaches to meet the needs of all pupils, especially those who are most disadvantaged.
- We use our resources as efficiently as possible to ensure maximum impact for our children. We keep central costs down to an essential minimum. Resources will be used effectively to support the pupils in the Trust. We will ensure that we are ready and have the capacity to deal with unknown, future challenges and opportunities.
- We recognise that children, schools and a federation cannot best flourish on their own. We seek to work in partnership with families, local communities, Church communities, national and educational bodies to enable children and schools to see their wider significance, place and purpose in the world.
- We want to be an employer of choice and a career long option. We are driven by a sense of fairness at all levels. We follow the guiding principles of School Teachers Pay & Conditions and National Joint Council conditions of service.
- We must expect all our schools to improve and support the improvement of others. Staff have a collective responsibility for the outcomes of each child in all our schools. Every school will recognise the importance of human dignity across the learning journey and its central relevance to excellent education. Schools will ensure that children are kept safe from harm and are valued as unique individuals. Dignity in education means due consideration to other policies such as (vigilant) safeguarding, behaviour (with anti-bullying) and SEND.
- All members of our school communities should enjoy making their own contributions and recognise the difference it makes to others. Every member of the Trust community (whether adult or child) will be encouraged to learn the attributes needed in order to aspire to be a good person, citizen, parent, employee, team or group member. Distributed leadership occurs at every level in an environment which is both supportive and challenging. Every school will positively promote opportunities to widen horizons of generosity, compassion, aspiration and hope and will actively afford learners the opportunities to fulfil them. The values of forgiveness, perseverance, truth and reconciliation are encouraged when more challenging events occur. Courageous advocacy will be promoted in our schools enabling children to make a difference to the World that they live in, allowing others to flourish as well as themselves.
Our Vision embraces the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, moral and social development of all children. Everyone works to enable excellent learning and teaching- putting children at the centre of all that we do. It is intended to be used by all schools within the Trust, regardless of their setting, beliefs or traditions. For the non-church schools within our Trust, there are minor amendments so that there are no specific Bible verses included or the link to the Christian community.
Each school will absolutely retain its ethos, commitments, beliefs and value-laden practices. The vision is lived out in individual schools, through their own values. Each school lives out the vision in the specific context of, and reflecting the needs of its own community through the unique set of values they select. The school values are at the core of everything that they do. They underpin the teaching and learning and provide an environment through which the pupils can flourish, aspire and achieve.