The First Federation Trust is the admissions authority for all of the Trust schools. This means that it is the Trust that makes decisions about whether to admit a pupil or not, in accordance with the School Admission Code.
However, parents need to apply via Devon County Council for a place at any of our schools.
How to apply for a school place in Devon:
More information about admissions to schools in Devon can be found on Devon County Council website by clicking on the following links:
You can access the policies for pupils' admissions for each of the First Federation Trust schools by clicking on the links below:
- Admissions policies for Aveton Gifford C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Bere Alston Primary Academy
- Admissions policies for Chudleigh Knighton C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Gatehouse Primary Academy
- Admissions policies for Hawkchurch C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Musbury Primary School
- Admissions policies for Newton Ferrers C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Rockbeare C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Salcombe C E Primary School
- Admissions policies for Sidmouth C E Primary School
The government has issued new regulations about holding admission appeals over the coming eight months or so. Due to covid-19 restrictions, there is no requirement for appeals to be heard in person at a face to face hearing. For appeals lodged until the end of January 2021, the default position will be appeals by video call or by telephone conference. Those parents unable to take part can have their appeals heard in absence on the papers that are submitted. The strict timetable for appeals to be heard within a set number of days has been abandoned during this period too: they must be heard as soon as is reasonably possible, particularly over the summer holidays. The appeals timetable referred to in the above policies no longer applies for this summer.