Members of Multi-Academy Trusts are the subscribers to the trust’s memorandum of association. They have an overview of the governance arrangements of the trust. Members can amend the articles and may do so to support stronger governance arrangements
The First Federation Trust has five members:
- The Exeter Diocesan Education Network (EDEN) (Foundation Member), representative: Rev Alan Smith (appointed 05/12/2017)
- Salisbury Diocesan Board of Education (DBE) (Foundation Member), representative: Dan Roberts (appointed 01/09/2020 in the absence of a local representative)
- University of St Mark and St John (appointed by the two above Foundation Members), representative: Mrs Kate Brimacombe (appointed 16/01/2018)
- A Non Foundation Member (appointed by the other Members): Mrs Alexandra Allen (appointed 13/12/2018)
- The Chair of the board of directors who also chairs the Members meeting.
EDEN appoints 5 Foundation directors and Salisbury DBE appoints one Foundation Director.
You can access the website for the Diocese of Exeter here.
You can access the website for the Diocese of Salisbury here.
More information about EDEN can be found in the document below:
Register of business and pecuniary interests
Members and their representatives are asked to declare any relevant business and pecuniary interests when they are appointed and are invited to declare any relevant interest at the start of each meeting so any conflict of interest can be managed appropriately.
A summary of the members' relevant business interests is included below. The full register of business interests is available from the Company Secretary on request.