To be eligible for our School Direct programmes, the following qualifications, experience and attributes are required:
- A UK undergraduate honours degree or a recognised equivalent qualification at 2.1 or above. Consideration will be given to applicants with a 2:2.
- GCSE Grade Cs or above in Science, English and Mathematics (or equivalent).
- Relevant experience of at least 10 days of observing and working alongside teachers in a school setting and evidence of why teaching is the career for you.
Candidates will also be required to complete a declaration regarding any criminal convictions, clearance from the Criminal Records Bureau regarding suitability to work with young people and a fitness to teach declaration.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
We are looking to recruit high calibre candidates who have the values, qualities and attributes needed to become outstanding teachers, with the drive and motivation to succeed.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Are passionate about making a difference to the lives and development of young people
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a positive outlook
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Are creative and imaginative
- Have good organisational skills and excellent time management
- Are reflective and strive to improve their own practice